Are You Willing to study Australia From Nepal?
Australia is well-known around the globe for being a beautiful country. The country inhibits 24 million people and maintains high-quality living standards. The natural beauty is a treat in itself, but what has attracted millions more to the continent are its educational facilities. The educational system there holds its place among the World’s best and boasts its safe and friendly communities.
Studying in Australia from Nepal is an excellent way to experience the unique Australian lifestyle and gaining new skills in the process. Australia provides several student-related facilities, including world-class universities, practical vocational colleges, and excellent English language schools.
Thinking of Studying in Australia? Here Are Some Interesting Facts:
- Australia is the third most popular destination for international students in the World. The country is on its way to take over the UK as the World’s second most popular study venue, according to the University of London’s Centre for Global Higher Education.
- It is currently home to nearly 700,000 international students. This means an 11% increase in student numbers since 2017. What could be more convincing than numbers?
- Australia has the World’s top 100 universities, including the University of Melbourne, Australian National University, University of Queensland, Monash University, and many more, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2020).
These universities fall under an alliance of eight universities collectively known as Group of Eight (Go8). Formed in 1999, the Go8 prioritizes the deliverance of sustainable national higher education and research policy.
- With over 22,000 courses across thousand plus institutions, the country ranks itself in the 8th place as per the Universitas 2019 U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems. And remember, this means they are ahead of France, Germany, Norway, and Japan.
- They emphasize on student experience and graduate outcomes rather than pushing them down the classical student hardship paths. Data shows 90% satisfaction scores for living and study experience when it comes to international students.
- Of course, Australia also respects the flow of international students to their country. Considering the diverse economic background of students, the Government has invested over a$300 million for scholarship provisions.
Why Keep Australia as your top priority for Overseas Education?
Let’s face the facts first. Australia is the most famous education destinations for South Asians, which includes Nepalese students. The country is well-known for its vibrant natural beauty. With warm hospitality, the state provides numerous opportunities that allow the students to engage in cultural diversity. Along with this, there are provisions for maintaining the quality of education and living, accompanied by a safe and sound environment. Often students remain skeptical of the degree valuation. Rest assured, the Degree earned from an Australian University is well recognized all around the World. Still unsure? Here’s a fact that might turn your heads: Recently, seven of their universities have secured their place amongst the Top 100 according to the QS World University rankings (2018).
The robust education system has a touch of technological drive and offers ample courses and degrees that cater to the students. Embracing this superb educational Excellency, the institutions provide top-notch educational standards and satisfy millions of students every year. To further aid the international students, laws like Tuition Protection Service (TPS) facilitate tuition fee safeguards.
Who to Contact For Overseas Education?
One can do overseas enrollment processes by themselves, but like any other work, it’s easier to reach out to professionals for increasing your chances of success. While searching for your right consultant partner, never compromise on quality for a little cheapness. Only trust the ones with immense knowledge on the domain and an excellent candidature. In some cases, the expertise of the counselors and editors can help you overcome your academic and economic weakness. So why am I emphasizing on contacting one?
Well, the services they provide you will surely ease out your road to the chosen university. The following things shed light on their services:
- Evaluation of your profile: Consultancies have or hire professionals who are experts in profile evaluation. A quick look, and they can work out a plan to cover your blemishes and radiate your strong points while applying overseas.
- Short-listing options: There are numerous universities to choose from. They can help you boy-cot the secondary options and help you choose the best institution that is closest to your requirements.
- Documents related to Finances: Nepalese students often struggle at this part. The professionals help you to prepare financial documents using pre-existing materials of former successful candidates. The process includes academic transcripts and scorecards. What do you know; they might even offer shipment services.
- Editing facilities: Universities often ask for documents like SOPs, LORs, Resumes, Essays, etc. for testing and references. Students can tailor their essays and applications for raising their chances of scholarships.
- Procedures of Application and Counseling: They consult you whenever you get stuck with something and hence the terminology “Consultancy.” Professionals also provide you tips for acing your mock interviews and guide you through the whole process.
Moving on to the main agenda of this article, we would like to suggest some of the best quality consultancy companies in Nepal. These short-listed firms are the top quality residue left after a thorough filtering process. They have made the list thanks to their years of expertise and success rates over the few years. Without further ado, let’s dive into the chosen few.
List of 10 Best Consultancies in Nepal for Australia
- Edwise Foundation
- The Next Education Consultancy
- AUS Studies
- Himalayan World Wide Educational Consultancy
- Australia Nepal Education Services
- AECC Global
- KIEC PVT. LTD
- Australian Visa & Education Consultants
- NIEC Corporate Office
- Kangaroo Education Foundation
Detail Information on Australian Education Consultancies in Nepal
1. Edwise Foundation
One of the leading organizations as a consultancy for Australia education, Edwise, should be your first choice when it comes to the topic of professional guidance. Located in Putalisadak, Kathmandu, the professionals working in the firm are hell-bent on making your international education dream a reality.
They have years of experience in their craft and provide the best service without any client’s complaint. If you have no clue about the application process, scholarship outcomes, and visa process, head straight to Edwise Foundation and clear out your doubts. They have highly qualified instructors and counselors who will ensure your success rates.
2. The Next Education Consultancy
This organization operates from Dillibazaar of the capital city. With branches in several towns and even in parts of Australia, they believe in single-minded focus to guide students to the best possible universities. Their network with the Australian institutions gives them a slight edge over their competitors. They also have a reputation to back them up.
3. AUS Studies
Another consultancy located in the Jamal section of Kathmandu. After inspection of numerous client testimonials, we concluded that the organization has a knack for the job. They provide IELTS and PTE preparation classes, Scholarship ideas, and VISA for New Zealand, UK, USA, and Canada too. They have been slaying the business from 2001 and have earned respect for their professionalism.
4. Himalayan World Wide Educational Consultancy
Himalayan WWE Consultancy is a firm registered under the Ministry of Industry and approved by the Ministry of Education, Nepal. People often praise the IELTS classes run here for its quality and economic flexibility. They proudly advertise themselves as the best consultancy in Kathmandu for abroad studies. They operate their business from Baneswor, Kathmandu.
5. Australia Nepal Education Services
Expanding their influence in the consulting business from Bagbazaar, Kathmandu, Australia Nepal is another firm to look-out when it comes to educational services abroad. On their official website, they introduce themselves as a unique institution that provides professional counseling and help aspiring students to step their foot on the university they choose.
6. AECC Global
Not only Australia, but this company also helps the students to study in various other countries across the globe. They started in 2008 and have achieved the trust of thousands of students over a short period. Their facilities include helping to choose the right institution, guidance on the best course, managing your application process, arrange your travel, and many more. You can find more about their business and services via its official website.
7. KIEC PVT. LTD
They are one of the leading and most sought after Education consultancy under the office of Commerce and Supply of the Government of Nepal. These professionals serve to shape the academic career of students not only aiming for abroad but to those in confusion at their home country. Their other services include Test Preparation Classes and highly qualified teachers for IELTS, TOEFL, and other proficiency tests.
8. Australian Visa & Education Consultants
Another dark horse from Kathmandu when it comes to studying consultancy abroad. Do not hesitate to visit their office in Minbhawan and ask for assistance before reaching out to other firms. From IELTS classes to VISA processing, these guys have you covered. They accommodate Diploma courses, Bachelors and Masters’s Level Scholarships in the intended university.
9. NIEC Corporate Office
Rooted in Lalitpur, this organization might be the right option for your abroad education choices. NIEC’s student counselors undergo and intensive training resume before they get deployed in the field. From counseling to shortening your lengthy process of visa application, they are undoubtedly good at their business.
10. Kangaroo Education Foundation
Kangaroo Education Foundation is a specialist in educational consultation who happens to have an innovative approach to the whole thing. They have proved their worth with their decade-long successful business. They have expanded their branches to a total number of eight offices, including Australia and Nepal.
Explore the Educational System in Australia
The sector that Australia excels at is providing study opportunities to international students at a broader range. They keep up with these standards with the help of their 1,200 institutions and 22,000 courses. The delivery of international education in Australia is under the jurisdiction of the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000. It means the Government is actively participating in the educational scene.
As for the quality maintenance, Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRISOS) makes sure that the international students are getting their educational facilities on the same par with the native students. Let’s take a look at the educational system in pieces for clarity:
Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Not everyone finds the standard educational system comfortable. For students who want to develop their skills and knowledge for specific employment, VET courses are there to aid you in your destination. Registered Training Organizations (RTOs), Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions and few private colleges provide these kinds of peculiar training programs. These courses cover a slightly different course pattern than the mainstream system, including hospitality, secretarial skills, construction and engineering, nursing, accounting, and community work.
For higher education, you can choose from the 41 Australian universities. That is a lot of choice facility if I must say. Of the total numbers, three are private. They are Bond, Torrens, and Notre Dame. Similarly, there is Carnegie Mellon, a US-based university and University College London, which is a UK – based university as suggested by the name. They have their campuses in Adelaide, which lies in the Southern part of Australia.
All these universities, along with other higher education facility providers, include a wide range of courses and programs that students can choose from according to their qualifications and requirements. Choices include science, humanities, management, engineering, law, and health, to name a few. Currently, Australian institutions position themselves as the World’s leading education providers with the help of their well-designed multi-disciplinary courses and graduate employability.
Although no single course counts as the most important one, there are some popular courses, as seen from the recurring course choices. Australia offers more than 120 courses under the English language dropdown. We have researched some of the popular ones and would gladly like to share them with you guys:
- Humanities and Social Work
- Justice and Law
- Business and Accountancy
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Education and Teaching
- Marine and Environmental Science and some pathway programs
- Science and Engineering
- Digital Media and Information Technology
All of these courses extend up to three years of minimum course time. Master’s Degree generally does not take more than two years. The Doctoral Degree is a three years course, though.
When to Apply?
So, we have acquired knowledge of the beneficial factors of the Australian educational system and also looked at the preferred course groups, but what are the intake systems? As it seems, the country welcomes students in two intakes. The first semester students usually have intakes in February and March, whereas the second-semester programs on June, July, and August.
This is the basic format that applies to maximum service providers; however, some institutions might follow the trimester systems. Don’t panic; we have the information on those kinds of colleges too. They welcome their fresh students in February, July, and November. As for VET providers, they usually have intakes at the interval of two months.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Abroad study means you got to meet their requirements first. Since Australia has a high percentile of English Speakers, you must pass an English language proficiency test to get enrolled in one of their universities. Remember, a pass test mark is mandatory for Nepalese students as we need to continue our studies in English. Some of the major tests which are okay for course enrollment and visa application are:
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language
- PTE: Pearson Test of English
- CAE: Cambridge English-Advanced
The pass scores might allow you for a visa application, but different education providers have different entry requirements. Courses such as Nursing, Law, and Education usually have a higher requirement threshold. For those who are unable to meet the needs, they have ELICOS or the English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas students as a reliable option.
GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant)
A student can qualify himself as a Genuine Temporary Entrant and convince the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to grant him/her a student visa. To get such a privilege, the student should show a genuine interest in studying, learning the western ways, and returning home after the completion of studies. The intentions should be clear to convince the authorities.
Some of the factors considered by the department as a part of the GTE requirement are:
- Unfavorable circumstances in the home country
- Positive immigration history of the applicant
- Some potential conditions in Australia for the applicant
- Intentions of parents, legal guardians, or married-intentions of the spouse can cover the applicant’s chances in case he or she is a minor.
- Value of the intended course to the applicant’s future.
- Any other reason for the applicant to leave Australia after course completion.